VENTURE LOANS AND LEASES FOR EMERGING GROWTH COMPANIES
incremental to a senior bank facility or in place of equity.
- Equipment lease line of credit
- Senior venture loan
- Subordinated term loan
- Refinance existing venture debt
OUR PROCESS IS STREAMLINED AND EFFICIENT.
YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT.
Deal Lifecycle “Funnel”
Our process starts with marketing. Current customers, venture capital firms, technology bank lenders, and other financial stakeholders in the industry are some of our best referral sources.
- Schedule introduction call with company
- Request and review information package
- Evaluate financials and complete internal assessment
- Schedule in-depth management call
“Trinity’s quality of connections and strong reputation in the industry were firmly established throughout our relationship. The Trinity team was purposeful and professional at all times and they delivered on all of their commitments. This was by far the smoothest and most efficient financing I have ever closed”Ed Walsh CEO, Catalogic Software
During the management call, we listen very closely and ask the right questions to make sure we understand the business model and financing objectives. Whether issuing a stand-alone term sheet or co-proposing with another lender, our sales team ensures the total debt solution is not only competitive, but creatively structured to accomplish the unique goals of every company.
- Perform initial due diligence
- Complete internal executive summary
- Obtain investment committee pre-approval
- Issue term sheet
- Agree upon terms and receive signed proposal/application fee
“I have been impressed with Trinity’s professionalism from the beginning. They demonstrated strong expertise in venture-stage companies and knew our business very well. They understood my goals and objectives and presented us with a competitive financing solution to our needs. Trinity has proven to be a great funding partner.”Dean Stephens CEO, Healthline
Immediately after receiving a signed term sheet and application fee, we send an initial email that completely outlines the entire due diligence process, which we have streamlined to be as efficient as possible. We perform the appropriate level of diligence for every customer and coordinate with any other lenders in the mix to ensure the process results in the least amount of disruption from the business.
Our due diligence process includes:
- SBA requirement docs
- Detailed financial analysis
- Investor and customer calls (if applicable)
- Site visit and management meeting (if applicable)
- Investor underwriting report
- Final investment committee approval
“Trinity impressed me with their professionalism, persistence, and commitment to achieving our goals. They completed their diligence and legal documentation process in 3 weeks in order to close in time for our impending acquisition. I would unquestionably recommend Trinity as a valued financial partner.”Barry Fromberg CFO, HNI Healthcare
After the completion of the diligence period, our investment committee votes on each deal before legal documentation is prepared. In circumstances with urgent timelines, we will issue docs concurrent with the diligence process. Our team works with each customer and their respective legal counsel in a transparent, collaborative and efficient manner.
- Review term sheet
- Prepare applicable legal docs based on agreed-upon terms
- Send initial set of documents to both legal counsels
- Finalize documents
- Fund initial closing amount
“Throughout the process the Trinity team was consultative, solution-oriented and flexible. This was the most painless interaction I have ever experienced for a financing of this scale.”Matthew McGinty COO, GTxcel
Upon close of funding, our portfolio management team works with our customers to provide value throughout the relationship. We make our customers a priority and it is our goal to respond to any request within 24 hours (consents, subordination agreements, etc.). If things don’t go according to plan, we are known to jump in and help out. We have helped companies obtain additional equity and debt financing, fill executive management positions and meet new strategic partners. Everyone says they’re more than money, but not everyone backs it up.
- Request monthly and quarterly financial updates
- Provide follow-on funding (if applicable)
- Provide fundraising assistance (if desired)
- Provide timely consents (typically within 24 hours)
“Trinity has been there for us during key inflection points in our company’s history and has truly provided support and value beyond the capital.”Eric Williams CFO, Soraa