VENTURE LOANS AND LEASES FOR EMERGING GROWTH COMPANIES
incremental to a senior bank facility or in place of equity.
- Equipment lease line of credit
- Senior venture loan
- Subordinated term loan
- Refinance existing venture debt
OUR PROCESS IS STREAMLINED AND EFFICIENT.
YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT.
Deal Lifecycle “Funnel”
Our customers are typically referred to us by their VC, technology bank, or other financial stakeholder. Below is a summary of the key steps from the initial contact to the management call.
- Schedule introduction call with company
- Request and review information package
- Evaluate financial statements and complete internal assessment
- Schedule in-depth management call
“Trinity’s quality of connections and strong reputation in the industry were firmly established throughout our relationship. The Trinity team was purposeful and professional at all times and they delivered on all of their commitments. This was by far the smoothest and most efficient financing I have ever closed”Ed Walsh CEO, Catalogic Software
During the management call, we listen very closely and ask the right questions to make sure we understand the business model and financing objectives. Whether issuing a stand-alone term sheet or co-proposing with another lender, our sales team ensures the total debt solution is not only competitive, but creatively structured to accomplish the unique goals of every company.
- Perform initial due diligence
- Complete internal executive summary
- Obtain investment committee pre-approval
- Issue term sheet
- Agree upon terms and receive signed proposal/application fee
“Trinity worked together with our senior lender to provide a competitive financing solution for us. Their team was pragmatic, professional and easy to work with. We’re looking forward to having Trinity as a financing partner.”Chris Onan Co-Founder & CFO, Galvanize
Due Diligence Process
Immediately after receiving a signed term sheet and application fee, we send an initial email that completely outlines the entire due diligence process, which we have streamlined to be as efficient as possible. We perform the appropriate level of diligence for every customer and coordinate with any other lenders in the mix to ensure the process results in the least amount of disruption to the business.
Our due diligence process includes:
- SBA requirement docs
- Detailed financial analysis
- Investor and customer calls (if applicable)
- Site visit and management meeting (if applicable)
- Investment underwriting report
- Final investment committee approval
“Trinity impressed me with their professionalism, persistence, and commitment to achieving our goals. They completed their diligence and legal documentation process in 3 weeks in order to close in time for our impending acquisition. I would unquestionably recommend Trinity as a valued financial partner.”Barry Fromberg CFO, HNI Healthcare
Legal Documentation and Closing Process
After the completion of the diligence period, our investment committee votes on each deal before legal documentation is prepared. In circumstances with urgent timelines, we will issue docs concurrent with the diligence process. Our team works with each customer and their respective legal counsel in a transparent, collaborative and efficient manner.
- Review term sheet
- Prepare applicable legal docs based on agreed-upon terms
- Send initial set of documents to both legal counsels
- Finalize documents
- Fund initial closing amount
“I couldn’t be more thrilled to have Trinity as a financing partner. The Trinity team was respectful, professional, and great to work with throughout the entire process, which was incredibly efficient and transparent.”Stephen Lasky CFO, Madison Reed
Upon close of funding, our portfolio management team works with our customers to provide value throughout the relationship. We make our customers a priority and it is our goal to provide our initial response to any request within 24 hours (consents, subordination agreements, etc.). We are building a reputation as a lender that jumps in and helps out if things don’t go according to plan. We have helped companies obtain additional equity and debt financing, fill executive management positions and meet new strategic partners. Everyone says they’re more than money, but not everyone backs it up.
- Request monthly and quarterly financial updates
- Provide follow-on debt (if applicable)
- Provide equity fundraising assistance (if desired)
- Provide timely response to customer requests (typically within 24 hours)
“Trinity has been there for us during key inflection points in our company’s history and has truly provided support and value beyond the capital.”Eric Williams CFO, Soraa